Monday, February 9, 2009

Sporty Harley

Here's my first go at building a Harley.. Sportster engine / 4-speed tranny.. Goosed rigid frame, shortened springer fork, narrowed tank, and a load of used (junkyard) parts.. It's comfortable with the mid controls, and super fun to ride. It fits me well, is easy to start, and (knock on wood) has been reliable as hell..

The thing that's especially true about putting a bike together is that your sensibilities show up in everything that's done. Every choice, every decision, every shortcut, every shortfall.. Money (or lack thereof), skills (or lack thereof), and style (or lack thereof.) You build something, people look at it. I don't really care whether or not it fits their style, though I do care if they catch me with my balls hanging out. Button yer shit tight. Everything reflects back.








No comments:

Post a Comment